Your web-browser is very outdated, and as such, this website may not display properly. Please consider upgrading to a modern, faster and more secure browser. Click here to do so.
shout out to that one dude who used to be in my wow raiding guild who would, without fail, raid while on panera bread’s wifi every single time
i picked up ms splosion man cause it was two bucks and i actually want to speedrun it, except a full speedrun is probably going to be like three hours because each level is ~5 minutes and there are ~15 levels per stage; also 100% is gonna be a bear because there are secret exits on some stages and if you hit the secret exit you not only have to do another full stage but also redo the stage the secret exit was on
maybe i’ll do ILs and run individual stages and only occasionally do full runs
nominated by wolfennights
1. final fantasy 9. perfect story, perfect execution of atb and turn-based gameplay, perfect characters. i’m honestly just waiting for the steam release and then probably never playing another game again.
2. borderlands 1+2. i’ve spent so much cumulative time on these games and they continue to just be so good. there’s a ridiculous amount of dlc available for both games and the replay value is moderately high because enemies get stronger but also you get much cooler weapons.
3. burnout 3: takedown. it’s fast-paced car-crashing action, and really that’s all i need from a game.
4. the whole .hack series. i got into this series when i was super young and literally had to beg my parents to buy the first game because it was rated T and i was 11. the series is pretty deep with a bunch of sidequests and with the addition of GU the gameplay got about 1000 times better.
5. beyond good and evil. i speedrun this game, so i’m biased, but jade is probably hands down one of my favorite protagonists ever. her voice acting is perfect, her characterization is excellent, and the relationship she has to the world around her makes the game work.
6. super meat boy. again, i speedrun this, so bias, but the platforming is tight and there’s never any “why did RNG kill me here?” when you fuck up in meat boy, you know exactly what you did wrong.
7. crackdown. this game is high-octane constantly, and even though the story is super bad just the idea of walking into a highly defended gang fortress just by yourself appeals to me. also, once i climbed the outside of a gang leader’s skyscraper, to see if i could get at him that way. turns out windows are unbreakable, but there’s no fall damage, so i could just jump off the top and fall.
8. ftl. this game is only on steam, but it’s a super streamlined roguelike (aside: roguelikes are probably one of my favorite types of games) and it is super goddamn hard. i’ve only beaten it once, and that was after i got a laser that did five damage per room it hit, which is essentially overpowered.
9. dark souls. this game pisses me off so much but it’s just so good, it’s in the same vein as super meat boy where if you screw up, you know exactly what went wrong. the fun lies in figuring out boss attack patterns and then exactly how to dodge them while still inflicting damage. that said, fuck ornstein and smough, though.
10. octodad: dadliest catch. this is a meme game and it’s on the list because who wouldn’t want to be an octopus and a dad at the same time
there’s dozens more i could put, but these were the 10 i could think of pretty much off the top of my head.
i nominate daughterofmulan
i’m furiously wondering if destiny is actually good because, like, borderlands = good. mmos = ok. bungie = ????. a combination = ??????????????????????????
Page 1 of 813